February 22, 2010

Consistency


I had a fantastic run on Saturday. I worked hard and I'm paying the price for it...ow. Still super sore, and it's been two days!

With temperatures in the low 60s, I set off for my first run around the pond in about a month. I am significantly slower when I run outdoors, but I'm coming to terms with that. The good news: I've gotten a little faster. I'm up to about a 12 minute mile, which is still very slow but faster than the 14 or 15 minute miles I was getting when I first started running back in August. I'll take it!

The best news is that I am finally running consistently. For a long time I would run fast at the start and then slowly but surely taper off over the course of my run. My time on the treadmill must be paying off, because I was hitting my marks on the nose throughout the entire run. I'm going to consider this progress!

I ran 3.5 miles including 10 minutes of walking (about a half mile) in line with my 8K training plan. I believe this was the longest I've run outdoors since my 5K in November, and my body is feeling it! Overall I was really proud of myself and felt great.  I miss running outdoors...I'll be very happy once spring begins to show its face around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment