December 14, 2009

Unexpected detour

Two weeks ago I confidently declared that I was taking "a few days" off from running in order to heal some pesky injuries I felt I was beginning to nurse. As can happen in life, a few days turned into two weeks...

The first week I truly had no good excuse. I've been so resistant to running on the treadmill because I enjoy running outside so much, but the weather has been too wet and the sun goes down before I get home from work, so I wound up not running at all. Slap on the hand for me.

The second week my husband and I became happy owners of a new puppy. He's wonderful and I'm loving every minute (except perhaps those 3am bathroom trips), but it has seriously eaten into my routine. Now that I have a week under my belt I'm ready to start making time for me again. I'm aiming to head to the gym tonight and get a good run in. I only have two Couch to 5K runs left in the program, and I'm anxious to get through them!

I always know when I'm ready for a run when I find myself watching runners in my area with a twinge of envy. I suppose I'm just going to have to tough it out on the treadmill for at least a month until the sun starts setting a bit later.

So, here I go again!

No comments:

Post a Comment