January 15, 2010

A Return to Form

Last night I eagerly hurried home to run outside before the 6pm sunset. It was lovely outside, in the low-to-mid 50s, and my attire of Adidas pants and long-sleeved cotton shirt were perfect.

I felt strong in my run, even though I continuously stressed about my speed (or lack thereof). It's frustrating to run 2.5 miles outdoors in the same amount of time it takes me to run 3.5 miles on the treadmill. And I'm not even running that fast on the treadmill! Grr.

The pond was almost entirely frozen, which was beautiful. The trail was icy in patches so I had to be careful. This is why I don't enjoy the treadmill as much as my pond:



I had to stop and take a picture of this scene last night. The sunset was so beautiful, and the reflection off the half-frozen water was gorgeous. I thoroughly enjoyed my run.

I do feel that my strength and endurance are improving. I'd love some pointers on how to improve my speed, as well.

Next scheduled run: Saturday, if it doesn't rain. Gateway to 8K Week Two: Here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment